Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Feel Like I'm In Slo-MO

My current project, top- down- set- in- sleeve- boxy- mock- turtleneck-points & bobbles edges - pullover was progressing at break-neck speed until I got to the finishing. The points and bobbles are taking hours and hours. They're just little triangle sections with 3 bobbles at the point. My impatience is not enjoying this part of the project. It's moving too slow. What am I in such a hurry for? Beats me. The back of my brain keeps telling me it doesn't like the material. It's a Cascade Bollocine wool/acrylic mix. Yes, I said the "A" word, get over it. I've done one other project with this product and it draped and behaved great. I've learned from past experience to not make judgement calls until after its blocked. Maybe it's the weather. September in Western Massachusetts does not usually coincide with close to 90 degree weather. Summer, you had your chance and you cooked us enough with your heat and humidity. The Autumnal Equinox has passed. It's harvest time. Warm breezy days and nippy nights-that's proper-now DO IT!
For those of you in the Western Mass area-don't forget Fiber Twist later in October.

No comments: