Monday, December 08, 2008

London's Calling

The construction of Dicken's London is ongoing in my living room. Apparently snow was heavy this year because it's everywhere in the house. When finished there will be no room to place Christmas gifts under the tree. Pics of London at a later date.

My gryffindor inspired sweater has no buttons. They're in my purse. Although the distance between my purse and sweater are mere feet I have not joined the two. Could it be my mojo is

waining? Hmmm, more like a case of startitis. I have another project or two going but indeed having issues finishing things up. Probably because I need another sweater like a ....you can finish that sentence. I'm thinking the London snow is not enhancing the pic or the sweater, but that's just me. (I can't stand it, it's EVERYWHERE!)
In our effort to conserve heat in the Town Hall I constructed a pair of fingerless mitts to wear on our frostier days.

The pattern is a broken rib and the yarn is a cotton/acrylic. Not wool? No, these will get filthy and I want to just throw them in the laundry. Yes, I've heard of superwash wool but I didn't have any at hand and as you can see they are constructed of bits and pieces of other items. I made of bunch of hats for our Warm the Children collection out of the original skeins. Did you notice the bracelet? Did you? I taught myself to do a bit of stringing. I call this creation my Chanel bracelet. Matte black and pearl white beads with a touch of gold for bling. I prefer to create wire jewelry but want to explore other venues because you never know when it will become helpful. There are those that knit with wire. I can't say I cherish anything I've seen yet.
I doooo like chain maille. I'm hoping Santa will put a Byzantine Chain Maille kit in my stocking this year.
If you'll excuse me I have to get the lint roller and remove the snow....from everything.


No comments: