Monday, September 14, 2009

Five Hours of Knitting


There are so many reasons why this is my favorite time of the year. Cooler temps. Football season. U.S. Open. Soups & Stews. Cats shed less. Did I mention it's cooler? And Sunday is the best day of the week. 'Specially this past Sunday. Football AND U.S. Open. Hours and hours of knitting. The occasional feeding interrupted progress but a black cotton pullover emerged from the balls of string. I wasted a perfectly sun-shiny day engrossed in that box with moving pictures. Funny, I don't feel a smidgen guilty.

Ever try to leash train a cat? It's doable, I've seen it. You're asking yourself, "why would I want to?" You may have a point but I like a challenge. Some people get in a fast car and go round and round a track for the heck of it. What does it accomplish other than the soul's need for speed? It's the challenge.
Though it doesn't look like much success is being made in this pic, this is routine. The boys love to roll on the front sidewalk. They will continue on command (most of the time) to continue the walk. Meme was very brave to take both of them at once. (I'm hoping I don't come home to find she's broken a hip as a result. One cat is over 14lbs. He's bigger than the dog next door. He can PULL. We're working on that.)

Back to the U.S. Open. What is up with the bad behavior?! Excuse me? Joint session in Congress, U.S. Open, and the Video Music awards? Come on people. Would you like it done to you? Think before you flap your trap.
With that said, I'm going to go walk my cats. Then I'll cut a steek.

No comments: