Friday, March 17, 2006

Congratulations! It's a sock!

I did it! I made my first sock. I've been knitting for over 30 years (hey, Grandma got ahold of me early folks) and if I could get my pics to load I could have visual record of it for this here blog. I used the Generic Toe Up pattern from Wendy Knits! and I'm quite pleased with myself. I have some minor tweaking to do when I get to sock 2. I managed to get a tiny hole on the heel/instep join but I just need to pick up a stitch or two extra to rectify that. My kitty Jay was not impressed but a cat at 24 years old doesn't impress easily. Yup, on April 1 she will be 24 years old. After hooting that I had turned the heel and lived thru it she merely lifted her head, yawned, and tucked her nose under her chin. Reality check mom. It's a sock.

No comments: