Monday, May 08, 2006

What the Heck?!?....

Okay, I'm fairly patient when it comes to computer problems because having been in those techie shoes, I know the drill. But after finally getting online Saturday from home, and loading all my pics of finished projects that you've missed, adding in my thoughts and comments, and going to the SAVE button because I figured I was pushing the envelope--THE STUPID CONNECTION FAILED! Could I get back on? NO! I'm posting this from another location. No pics and it's not half as interesting without seeing: the Inca's-finished, the Cotton Sockatta's with picot edge-finished, the Poncho-finished and the Boston Red Sox socks-finished.
I have started a pair of Feather & Fan with the leftover white from the Sox socks, starting the design on the instep. I didn't think walking on the lacy part would be too comfy. I also started a top down raglan. As I am an Anti-Seamer I have always gone bottom up via Elizabeth Zimmerman. Time to give Barbara Walker a shot. So far I've ripped that puppy out 3 times. Material is light worsted, Cascade Peruvian Merino in a heathered lime green. Oh, did I not mentioned that I tootled around Web's Saturday morning after I got off the phone with the Techie at my local ISP? Regia sock yarn for $6 a 100 gram skein people! I hoarded as much as the budget allowed and found the Cascade at an amazing $4.69 per hank. I was absolutely giddy.
Yeah, then I went back home and tried to blog--total disaster. To perk up my mood I went back to knitting and my Red Sox, they won thank you for asking. Played Baltimore this weekend and it was good to see Kevin Millar again--I still miss him.

No comments: