Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Birthday Box

It's a sister's birthday coming up and I'm creating a Birthday Box. Not a box with just one present but a birthday "stocking" if you will. A collection of goodies. Socks are one of the goodies. And I'm having to knit like the wind to get them to her on time. I suppose if I made the socks big enough I could have stuffed them for an actual stocking. Maybe next year. Regia is the yarn and I'm getting 9.5 sts to the inch.


Anyway, that's all that's on the needles this week. I've also taken advantage of the Non Rain situation here in New England and done more outside home owner stuff, trimming hedges, rhododendrons which of course means I have to make a trip to the (dump) transfer station. Blech. I did that last week and ended up with a knob on my forehead from the trunk lid clopping me. I'm fine, it's turned a lovely shade of chartreuse. The last place I want to be knocked out cold is the compost dump.
Shapely Top remains in a raw state ready to go.
Until next blog--Take care!

No comments: