Friday, June 23, 2006

The Cat Days of Summer

Why should dogs get all the credit?
The weather has been so unbearable with the humidity. The thunderstorms are nice but they are not relieving the heavy air. I don’t have air conditioning so knitting has been sparse. So far Shapely top looks gigantic to me but gauge is dead on. I expected the front edge to be more curved too. Hey, if I don't like it, it can be ripped out and tried again. I’ve also started another Regia sock. Boy colors I call them, gray & tan stripes. It’s an all rain weekend so I should get some good progress on both in the next few days.
On the job front I have to say I really like it. It’s not a drudge to go in everyday like the last evil place was. Government work is completely new to me. I can understand now why laws and such take soooo long to pass. Nothing like business where you have a meeting and decisions get made and the project is filed. In government, you have an agenda, then a meeting, then approval of the meeting, then the approved approval has to be signed, (on archival paper of course!)then everyone gets a copy of the approved approval, THEN it gets filed. This can take up to two weeks. Amazing.
Ooo, thunder, here we go again! No Red Sox tonight! :' (

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the job is going well. Sounds like you'll be getting some good knitting time in.