Monday, January 07, 2008

Phew, It's Over

As predicted, the boys hid in the cellar for 3 days. I missed them. The house is back to pre Christmas decorated mode.

Andrew said, "I finally get my chair back, who were those people?!

Over the holiday I stuck mainly to socks as we were in and out of the house and didn't have time to snuggle in for a good knitting spell. Since then I have reviewed my stash and found an aran weight off white yarn with yardage that doesn't meet the quantity I need for a full blown aran. So, since I've been itching to make another Shellie Mackie pinwheel sweater I am cooking up a version with aran-ness. Here would be a good place to insert the photo of the work in process but-hah, well, we know how I am about that. (dork). I'll describe- the back pinwheel design has bobbles every six rows in the center of each eight sections. I have reached the sleeve opening and left the stitches live on the backside and did provisional cast on the front side so all stitches will be live, no seam. I wanted to use seed stitch from this point forward but my increases were messed up by the second round because the pattern wouldn't cooperate-seemed to work in my head but actual knitting didn't. So I'm pondering a pattern that will look the same on both sides, keep my increases looking neat and tidy and NOT be ribbing. Nothing wrong with ribbing, just get tired of it. I may go with garter. Soft and doesn't curl. Knitting in the round makes that k 1 row, p 1 row. I've also toyed with the idea of short-rowing the fronts for a button closure. I will also change my mind 50 times before I get to that point. Hopefully I'll post the finished product.

No comments: