Monday, August 16, 2010

My So Called Knitting Blog

I never thought about it until now, but my blog title doesn't HAVE to be just about knitting does it? As I have been doing more sewing than knitting, sewing on KNITTED stuff, I don't think the Blogger police will be too harsh. It still involves Stitches.
And what have WE accomplished?
1. finishing steeked edges on 3 sweaters, some blogged about, some not.
2. re-attached a snap on a favorite blouse.
3. addressed a split seam on the couch. Probably from sitting there and knitting too much.

I still have steeked armholes of a vest to finish with bias tape. First step would be to purchase the bias tape. Yes, right.

And what MOVIES have we borrowed and watched from the library?
1. Pride and Prejudice- Matt Macfadyen/Keira Knightly.
Sorry kids, you tried, but you'll never replace Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle in my heart. In fact, I had to watch my favorite version afterward just to set things right.
2. A Midsummer's Night Dream- Kevin Kline/Michelle Pfeiffer and others...a little Shakespeare. A very little Shakespeare. Bicycles?
3. Twilight - uh, so if you like a movie with limited dialogue, silly special effects and a specific head angle in all shots this is the film for you. Too much teenage angst for me. Yes, yes out there. I'm sure I missed the whole star crossed lover thang...may I suggest Shakespeare. Have you heard of Romeo & Juliet? Don't mess with the original. (#2 should take the same advice.) Same goes for Beatles music. Don't touch it and that's all I'm going to say. Safe to say New Moon will not be on my library list and is up for grabs.
No, I'm still enamored with 19th century British Draaaawma. Plenty more to see and knit by. Speaking of which, I nabbed some Valley Yarns "Goshen" (cotton/modal/silk) in lemon drop. I cast on for what I believe will be a turtleneck pullover. Word of warning: the label says the gauge is 4.5spi on U.S. 8's. Block that swatch! As with other cotton yarns it grows horizontally. I managed a 3.75spi. I think it will go nicely with "Silas Marner", "Mill on the Floss" and "Dorian Gray".

Insert change of subject here.

Now, this lady ("The Spinner") resides in the middle of town. I've often wanted to provide her with a scarf, hat, or shawl. She wears the "wet T-shirt" look year around. This is New England. Let's get real. She also needs a drop spindle.


Just thought I'd enlighten and throw you off guard.

No comments: