Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pounce, Pounce, Pounce

I just like the word.
The product on the other hand is different than I thought it would be. I expected a little linen bag with a talc-y powder. I got a box. The cover has a stopper in the center for the powder to be poured into. The underside of the cover has a terrycloth material. The bottom of the box just works as storage for this powder that, once released into the atomosphere, is everywhere. Did it work on my personally cut stencil? No. Well, sorta. But I will adjust the stencil to make it work better. Laser cut stencils would be perfect for this product. I think I may go through my stencil collection to see if any of them would be a good quilting border. I need to step up the pace on this quilt project. It got downright nippy last night.
The Blue Aran continues to lengthen and I have a next-project broiling in my brain. Since I had such fun with the zipper cardi I'm toying with a zipper vest. I work in one of those quaint old buildings that takes forever to warm up and with the energy issue I'm sure it's not going to be any better this winter. I'll be ready for battle. Fingerless mitts are on the docket too. I should be a sight sitting at my desk come December!

No comments: