Monday, August 18, 2008

Shhh! Don't Tell!

I threw all caution and fear to the wind and ditched the quilting hoop. I wasn't getting the quality stitches I desired. No matter how loose I had it in the hoop I did a better job without it using my left hand/fingers in assistance. I know there are no knitting police so I'm hoping there are no quilting police. For those who swear by quilting hoops and frames-if it works for you-have at it. I cut my stencil this weekend. It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be and I don't like the plastic fumes (which I'm sure are as toxic as radiation) and the ending result would not be acceptible if I were using the stencil for wall painting. I will be looking for 'pounce' to apply to my quilt as the pattern is too busy to use a pencil and trace around. Laziness kicking in there I guess.
I visited WEBs Bead Store and made myself a pair of earrings. That's a fun place and I'll be visiting again. WEBs Yarn Store was having a lovely sale to celebrate NO SALES TAX day but I didn't go too crazy. The place was packed and for some reason, every child in the store was lying on the floor. The last time I was there a woman of physically mature status did the same thing because she wasn't being waited on fast enough for her satisfaction. You know, the kind of person that needs alot of attention. Mentally she was behaving worse than a 2 year old.
Lunch at Paul & Elizabeth's rounded out the day. AND NO RAIN/THUNDERSTORMS. Shocking!

No comments: