Monday, October 27, 2008

Fourth Weekend in October

October is slipping away. Saturday I went to FiberTwist to drool over the lovely rovings and handspuns. I wish my budget would cooperate...I could have come home with lots of stuff. Alas, I have nothing. Saturday night we had a doozy of a rain storm. Always fun to watch rain fall from left to right instead of the boring normal straight down. Pretty much wrecked the last of the foliage.
Sunday brought tons of sunshine and warm temps. Beau took advantage of the Big Back Door being open to catch a sun bath.
I raked leaves (with plenty to go) and started a cardi during the Patriots game. Good Ole Cascade 220 I had in my stash. I love it when I forget what I have in stash. It's like Christmas! The zippy vest is almost done. It sat on the floor by my chair for a week. As you can see it's blocking and will just need the zipper inset. Does anyone know how to get mothball smell out of material? That floral ditty to the right is a dress that I have washed repeatedly and left out to air for months. Still can't wear it--never mind it's a summer dress and too cold to wear now. Moth balls have been banned from the house.

The vest has a lower back than front. Bendover Coverage I call it. There is a 6sts I-cord and will overlap the zipper-well, that's the game plan. I'm anxious to get it done. My office is kept at a brisk 66 degrees to help cut fuel costs so this will be worn often. Typing is a challenge with cold fingers so maybe I can create fingerTIPless gloves out of an old pair of driving gloves. Not that I won't try to knit my own but I need them now!

No comments: