Friday, October 31, 2008

My Favorite Decoration


I don't know about you, but I love me a good toilet papered tree. This little tree gets decorated every year with permission from the shop owner. Rumor has it the paper is supplied by the owner.

















This tree is just outside the Town Hall. I hope I caught the essence of early morning light and a slight breeze that just enhances the t.p. Truly, I love it!
Tonight, when it's dark and the wind is blowing, these trees will just add that, that spookiness you need on Halloween. Walking under it brought a smile. I never liked trick or treating as a kid (though damn if I was gonna let my little sister get stuff and I didn't!) but papered trees and jack-o-lanterns get to me. Once a pumpkin is carved it gains a spirit. To see a smashed pumpkin, that's murder. We'll have none of that. Unfortunately my pumpkins exploded before I could get them a spirit. Between the heat during the day and cold at night something went astray. The squirrels are enjoying them.
Happy Halloween.

No comments: