Friday, July 24, 2009

When Will It End

It's been a long, stressful week. Not at home, just at work. Simple problems being blown to the size of zepplins because of people lacking "people" skills. At this point my "flight or fight" response is full on flight. I have very little fight in me to begin with--just not a get in your face kinda gal. In most situations where voices are raised or someone is purposely instigating negative crap I shift down, assess the lack of logic being presented and create any means to remove myself from the situation.
There's a problem with this because the end result is flight and HIDING. After a while folks regard this behavior as unsocial, being introverted with all the negative connotations that go with it. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I, just like any other human, don't appreciate being attacked verbally or otherwise. I can't handle others being complete morons. This week has been a bowlful of both.
With that said, today is Friday, my short work day. I will leave this den of negativity and for the next two days living the other side of my life. I will recharge and come back Monday banging my drum. I may even have two sleeves finished. Oh yes, there's a sweater in progress. I get asked what I'm working on and quite truthfully I can't give a complete answer. Since I work everything from the top down I can make a plain vanilla project pretty gosh darn fancy when applying the finishing touches. Depends on the yarn, depends on my mood. Sometimes plain vanilla is just what I need. I bet you all know what I mean.

No comments: