Monday, April 24, 2006

The Harlot Has Landed

What a weekend! Saturday morning bright and early I had a doo appointment in Brattleboro, VT where the lovely Deena at Whitman's blonded my dark roots, trimmed me and sent me on my way. From there I headed to Northampton to Web's for the arrival of the Yarn Harlot. I got there early(so I thought) but had a heck of a time finding a parking space. When I found the conference room (yes, location was changed to accomodate the knitters of Western Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut...these are just the license plates I drove by looking for a space) the room was almost full. I sat next to a lovely woman who had brought her 6m old daughter--what a doll she was! Not a peep out of her the whole time. The Harlot came in and had to fix the PA system herself! She had us in stitches (no pun intended but, there you go). Her blog is amusing on it's own but in person you get the total essence. And the great thing about it is that if you don't knit YOU WOULDN'T GET IT. Like a secret society. I did learn that knitting is a sport by the very definition of the word sport. Go ahead, look it up.
Everyone brought their knitting but I never took mine out of the bag, I would have missed the visual antics she goes through! We went back to Web's for the signing part of the party but, did I want to stand in line for 2 hours?--no. 20 years from now I'll kick myself when a signed copy of Knitting Rules goes for 2million on ebay. What can I say. Like she and I were going to become best friends just as she and Martha Stewart are? Oh well. Anyway, I did buy red and white sock yarn to make---Red Sox socks! You know, white toe and heel--look at their logo. It'll be 97 degrees before I get to them but I've had this idea bouncing around my head ever since spring training.
And the poncho--it's getting there. Slowly. One, two, three, four, five, (flip).....

No comments: